Monday, September 28, 2009

I went skating with some friends the other night, it was pretty fun until the young kids starting acting out... These young boys, no older than 11, were kicking cussing, and humping young girl that were around the same age. At one pont they had a oung girl on the ground kicking, htting and calling her a slut, as she just rolled around laughing at the fact that she was being abused. There were no chaperones there, it was just kids running around clearly out past their bed times... They did not leave the skating rink until 1am... The whole time I was there, I kept thinking to myself, about how my mother would not allow me out past that late without her there, nor would I be running around doing things that were considered "adult like". Like cussing, listening to uneditted music, dancing slutty and so forth.
I cant fathom the thought of any of my children doing some of the things these children were doing.
This made me think about the type of environment these kids grew up in and the kinds of things they were exposed to, to early on in life. It greatly reflects the type of influence the media, and society has on young children today.

1 comment:

  1. You need to proof for typos before you post. Also, answer some of the whys next time :-)

    ReplyDelete